Jennifer has set out all the rules. On the basis that I couldn't possibly cover all the things I am supposed to, I thought I would simply tell you five things about me that you don't know and answer Jennifer's questions. I am always fascinated by the gruesome details of people's lives, and assume everyone finds mine beyond interesting, so here goes with five fun facts:
1. I am a crazy science fiction fan. I would totally go to Comic Con if they had it here in NZ. My favourite books of all times are the Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn trilogy. They are epic. You must read them. A million words of sci-fi, adventure, romance, horror and a dash of philosophical pondering about the origin of it all. And with a handsome rakish hero. In fact, the wee man has the same name as the lead character (not deliberately, but it is a happy coincidence). As for TV I am all about Farscape, Firefly, Stargate and pretty much every other sci-fi series that has been cancelled. An attractive male lead is just a pleasant bonus.
2. I really only became a lawyer by mistake. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet, and later something arty or design focussed. By the end of seventh form, I thought I had better apply for university and figured I'd do anything that made money! Medicine was out because I hadn't done sciences, and accounting was out because I hadn't done maths (that goodness!). Law it was. I now swear that every lawyer is just a frustrated arts student. Thank goodness for quilting, eh.
3. Hubby and I go crazy growing tomatoes every year. We have now developed a bit of a thing for unusual and heritage varieties. This year we grew Indigo Rose (a new purple and black large cherry tomato), black krim (our favourite), and orange and red oxhearts, among others. They get made into Harvest Sauce, Tomato Relish and Tomato Sauce. It's all good.
|All ready for the oven and Harvest Sauce goodness. Yum.|
4. We bought both our dogs on sale. Isn't that terrible? I couldn't believe that puppies needed to be discounted, so they ended up with us. Of course they're both nuts. I guess what people say about getting what you pay for is true!
5. I secretly would love to make a living from writing romance novels. Wouldn't that be great? Sitting somewhere lovely, looking out the window, while creating happy endings. However, I suspect like most other jobs, it would not be as great as it seems. And deep down I quite like being a lawyer. I'm not too bad at it and I have a lovely team to work with.
In answer to Jennifer's questions:
1) How did you start patchwork and quilting?
BQF persuaded me. It's her fault.
Playing an instrument.
Usually half full. Unless it's half empty. But that's only on a bad day. Like when my quilting puckers.
Nup. Hmmmm. Not much use in NZ for another language, but probably French. It sounds lovely.
Yep - they come and steal the chicken food. Bernadette and Henrietta don't appreciate it, but there's enough for everybody.
That's tricky. Legally Blonde. The original Star Wars trilogy. Heaps of others. I love going to the movies.
Both! How could you not? That's just pudding prejudice. Molten Chocolate Pots, Date pudding with hot caramel sauce, pavlova with strawberries and cream, lemon meringue pie. I am hungry just thinking about it. I make an awesome pavlova, you know.
The future, when I can visit other planets and watch holographic TV and other cool futuristic things. Well and to the odd great concert in the past too.
When I've had too many cocktails. Mindless pop songs (think Kylie Minogue) and pub classics (think The Gambler). I sound like Madonna when I've had a few. Truly awesome.
Tricky again. A fresh summer's morning, before it is too hot. A great time to enjoy the peace of the garden before the heat and chaos kicks in.
Aggghhh - your questions are too hard Jennifer. I give up.
So there you are. Why don't you head over to Glinda's and check out the other lovely people she nominated too. And unlike me, Jennifer did it all properly, so you can find out about her too. Now I need to have a rummage around for some people to nominate, and spread the love.