Friday 16 August 2013

The EPP Journey Continues

Are you bored with this yet?  These blocks are going to go on and on and on and on.  I can tell. Mainly because I think I need about 200 to do a quilt. I haven't done the maths properly just in case it's too depressing and I stop!

That reminds me - I must get the hellebores planted.

But are are my recent little finishes:

Liberty tana lawn and Japanese linen. A marriage made in heaven. 

Note to self: photograph light fabrics on dark background.  Bleh.

My favourite, pink polka dots and botanical seeds.

Cuteness.  

Finally, hot pink and aqua madness (the hot pink doesn't photograph well). 

Get out your sunnies!

These are still making me happy!

Now quilty friends, tell me, are you interested in doing an ABC baby quilt?  I ask because I have this book, which has the cutest little ABC quilt which is on my to-do list. There are boy and girl versions. I just know that without motivation, I'll never get it done.  But if I had YOU quilting with me, I'd be forced to do it! The blocks are little so they wouldn't take long. 

Go see Crazy Mom's soft kitty cushion.  Cuteness overload.

If we do just one block a week, it will take us 30 weeks. I know that seems like a long time, but slow and steady wins the race, right?  Let me know if you're keen - you'd need to get the book, so I won't start for a few weeks. And I haven't done embroidery for over 20 years, so I can rummage around and find us some tutorials to look at. Definitely total beginner friendly!

If there are a few of you, I could talk to some peeps and see if I can rummage up some prizes for finishing.  Ooohhhhh, nice. 

It could be the ABC BOW (block of the week!). Heh. 

Welcome linky party visitors.  Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

15 comments:

Lucy Casey said...

Count me in. I have a niece or nephew on the way and this would be perfect.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Your EPP star blocks look great! An ABC quilt sounds super cute but I think I'm too impatient for that much hand embroidery.

Kathleen O'Grady said...

Your blocks are really nice, great job! I would love to do a ABC quilt. Nice and slow would work perfect with my work schedule also. It would be fun.

Unknown said...

Your EPP star blocks look great! Such accurate piecing. I do not have the patience for the embroidery.I can fmq a whole afternoon, but hand embroidery not for 10 minutes!

Anonymous said...

I just love your stars...sooo.oooh beautiful. The Liberty and Japanese Linen is so fab. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Patricia Lessell said...

Your blocks are amazing and I've just bought the book so I'm in too!!! YAY YOU!!!

Ophelia said...

Your EPP blocks are great!
I think I won't join the ABC quilt, but you might want to have a look here, if you don't know this blog:
http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/ready-set-sew-helpful-advice-and-tutorials-for-sewers.html
Red Brolly's also doing a block of the month embroidery sampler which I joined - so enough stitching for me.
I found your blog only recently through WIP Wendnesday and I like it a lot!
Greetings from Austria, Ophelia

Megan said...

I love your EPP blocks - great fussy cutting!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Lovely EPP - thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Leonie said...

The epp blocks are going to make one stunning quilt! Would love to join in but am over-committed as it is! Will watch from the sidelines :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh that sounds fun! Would you believe my aunt just gave me some ABC fabric that I was going to cut into little squares and do that with anyway, so count me in :) Your EPP is gorgeous!!

Sarah Craig said...

I love your EPP blocks! Very cute! And the ABC BOW sounds like fun, although I'm stretched too thin to join in I ope you get enough folks to do it!

Whoop whoop!!

DeborahGun said...

Just found your blog - definitely interested in joining the embroidery stitch along - will need to get the book first though :-)

Vera said...

Love your hexagons. Great fabric choices.

hydeeannsews said...

love the newest blocks!!! fabulous fussy cutting on the last one.

the embroidery is tempting, but alas, I can't. =( however, I just know this is the quilt you were talking about for #8, so i'll try harder to come through with the baby for the quilt!