Monday 12 August 2013

And the winner is ...

So it turns out that obtaining Princess' cooperation to a photo shoot on a Monday evening with the wrong camera lens was more than a little character building. 

She was most excited to pick some numbers with her magic fork, but recording the occasion was not so successful. First, she waved the magic fork, and this is what she picked ...



That's right, she wouldn't stand still. If you can't tell - that is zero that she is holding up. 

And then she picked another number.  But we got bored, and collapsed on the couch clutching the magic fork. I thought this would assist with the photos, but she made it more complicated by insisting on putting the number upside down. Confused?  Well take my word for it - that is number 6. 



So, drum roll please ... the winner of the Gorgelicious Giveaway of a Hello Gorgeous! charm pack and some Whittaker's chocolate is Barb from Quilting Barbie. Yippee!  Woo hoo!  Ta dah!  Next time I think I'll just use the random number generator.

Drop me a line Barb and I'll get your address. 

And as a bonus, I have discovered that you are a most discerning bunch of chocolate eaters (as only you would expect from people with such great literary bloggy taste). I now need to try salted chocolate, dark chilli chocolate, Malley's Pecan Billybobs, special Finnish Christmas chocolate (I'll be in touch, Tiina!) and dark raspberry chocolate, among others. How onerous. I don't know how I will survive. 

On top of that, I have met some wonderful new readers this week.  There are too many of you to list, but I have new friends in the UK, Finland, Australia, the US and Germany, just to name a few. I think that is the most exciting thing about blogging - distance doesn't mean a thing, and you can have fabulous friends all around the globe.  I hope you all enjoy reading about the crazy goings on at Shush!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute! Still trying to work out the role of the magic fork but hilarious that your little helper wore herself out so quickly :-)

hydeeannsews said...

The fun and character building never end in the shush household! Princess is an especially cute helper. Darling girl. Did she finagle a new quilt out if you for her cooperation?

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Such cute pics of Princess!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Patricia Lessell said...

Your princess is gorgeous. And lucky Barb!

Barb said...

So much cuter that the random number generator! Thanks so much, I'm thrilled.