Saturday 1 February 2014

Snow White meets Apple

Wow - it has been the busiest week at work this week.  Sometimes you just have to act like a grownup and earn your pay, right?  That has meant pretty much no sewing.  But there has been a bit of a Princess coup in the house.  Princesses of all types.

First, you may remember that hubby bought me an exciting new ipad mini smart case for christmas, which created some quilting drama (of the best sort) in the Shush household.  Well, after finishing his new Star Wars iPad cover, there has been a little Snow White in my life.  I absolutely love this print from Kawaii from Hawaii, and putting it on my iPad seemed a great way to enjoy it everyday.  Here is the finished cover - on the inside and the binding is some Hello Kyoto.

Hello Evil Queen.  I did the Once Upon a Time character quiz, and I was Regina.
I guess I was channelling my inner lawyer!

 It is keeping my iPad snug and safe and adds a little quilting happiness to my work day.

The other Princess extravaganza was the 4th birthday party we had last weekend.  I forgot to get a picture of the finished table with all the little knights and princesses, but this will give you an idea of what it all looked like.  In all the rush I forgot a picture of the cake too (sacrilege) but I can assure you it was a confection of pinkness and floweriness and glitter.  The kids ate the icing off and left the rest, which is to be expected!

Little fairy tale cupcake toppers, thanks to the local shop.

Finally, I have my Once Upon a Time cross stitch sampler finished for January.  I am totally and utterly addicted.  And I've managed to suck Juliet and Leonie into the void of cuteness, which I am very proud of. When I was stuck at work very late during the week, all I could think about was how annoyed I was that I couldn't work on the border.  Much more interesting than whether a deed of company administration should be terminated under s239ADO or s239ABCD blah blah blah (still awake?) of the Companies Act.

We ignore the bits of the pattern which are a bit wrong - it adds to the interest.

The February sampler arrives TODAY which I am very excited about.  What will it be?  Princess has voted for Sleeping Beauty, which I think would be great as long as there is a dragon!

Linking up to Crazy Mom, TGIFF and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Howdy visitors!  I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Snow White cover! You are so right! What a great way to get some quilting goodness every day! I like the cross stitch too!! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday party! Thanks for sharing! Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Susie said...

Love the iPad cover and yummy cakes. I need to make one one day. And silly me took corporate law as an elective in one of my degrees so don't knock it! I loved it. Lol

Anna said...

Seeing your cross-stitch made me want to get this one too. I don't usually do the BOM/POM stuff, but this one looks like a lot of fun. And I absolutely adore fairy tales, something about growing up listening to Grimms fairy tales or something.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Wow! That's the coolest cover I've ever seen! Gorgeous. Yummy cakes and lovely stitching too!

Renee said...

That snow white fabric is great! An ipad cover is perfect for it too. My son just turned 4, we had a pirate party. Love the embroidery panel!

Unknown said...

Love the ipad case!!! The fabric is super kawii (Japanese for cute), true to it's name!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your ipad cover and those cakes look delicious :)

Heather said...

The ipad cover is great - I have been stalking those Kawaii fabrics for a while - did you order through an etsy shop?

Anonymous said...

Love all the Snow Whites...so fun.

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

The iPad cover is rad, love it!

Megan said...

Unbeknownst to you, you sucked me in too. I love that iPad cover - almost as much as I love the Star Wars one :-)

Gemini Jen NZ said...

What a lot of fun! Snow White was my favourite fairy tale so I love the quilt!

DeborahGun said...

such a girly house - makes me jealous :-) My boys are talking endlessly about slug-terra, and my sewing room is full of blues and oranges!!

hydeeannsews said...

the sampler really is too, too cute! who's up for February? are you going to make a matching project for that one, too? =)

Dona said...

The Snow White fabric is simply awesome! Love it.

Leonie said...

That cover is awesome - I would feel pretty happy too! Haha you sneaky snooker snucker inner!! I cant wait to start and Feb is looking Adorable!! Hope you've had a great weekend :)

hydeeannsews said...

you know what, I just now got your pun in the post title. I'm so slooooooow. you clever girl!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful print! And those cupcakes look delicious! It's a good thing you can't eat pictures from a computer screen!!