Sunday 9 February 2014

Shush snippets and stash and stuff

Have you had a nice weekend quilty friends?  I have had all sorts of little bits and pieces happening, so I'll tell you now what has been happening, while I remember (it's my birthday soon, so my old brain is a bit slow these days).

First, in honour of Sunday Stash, I thought I would show you a little of my recent shopping.   *happy place*  If you are fabric dieting, turn away now, because this is Wee Wander by Sarah Jane.  I'm sure you've seen it around blogland, because it is so delicious.  I managed to nab a fat quarter bundle from Hawthorne Fabrics, who shipped it so fast, I thought they had sent it by rocket.

Wee Wander


I don't know what I am going to do with this yet, but it will have to be something special! If you have any good ideas - let me know!  I love pretty much everything about it - the prints, the colours, the cute little animals.  See the little horse.  How can you resist him?

Wee Wander again

There was other fabric sent too (one must make the most of the shipping cost!) but I don't want to rain on the wee horse's parade, so I'll show you that next week.

In addition to fabric shopping, I popped down to my local embroidery shop for cross stitch supplies yesterday.  I have joined the Facebook group for the Once Upon a Time sampler, and one of the girls there mentioned monofilament thread for adding little sparkles to her bubbles.  Naturally, I thought I had better give it a go.

Going into a brick and mortar shop was deadly.  After finding the thread, there was the DMC gold which looked good for the crowns.  And a variegated floss for a golden ball.  And a Q Snap frame to replace my splintery old hoop - which is square to keep the linen from distorting, and plastic so it doesn't catch the fabric (even so, I covered my precious linen with paper towel before clipping it on.  You can never be too careful).  Oh and the hot pink scissors.  I needed those, you know.

I got three stamps on my new loyalty card.  I don't think that's a good thing.

Embroidery supplies.  Sparkly goodness.

And just to prove I do more than sew, here is something from the garden.  We are harvesting tomatoes by the bucket (literally) at the moment.  These are the first of our Green Zebra tomatoes - they are ripe - they just stay green.  And stripey.  They taste pretty good.

Mmmm tomatoes

What have you been doing?  Lots of lovely sewing?  I'm linking up to Sunday Stash.  Come and have a look at the lovely fabrics.  Mmmmmmm.


14 comments:

mrs.hands said...

such nice prints all together!

DeborahGun said...

aah - Wee Wander - so beautiful :-) Can't wait to see what you make with it.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Those tomatoes look good enough to eat...and I don't even like tomatoes! haha

I love wee wander, I pre-ordered a few of the prints but I do love the whole line. Aren't the colors just divine?

I really want to try the frosted pumpkin cross stitch patterns. They are just so ahhhhdorable. Love all that you've got going on today :)

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Ooh everyone's got Wee Wander to share this week, huh? I'm saving mine till next : ) Isn't it delightful?! Happy quilting!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Wee wonder is sew fun, stopping by from Sunday Stash.

Kacey said...

Your little cross-stitched frog is so cute! And those tomatoes are wild - what do they look like on the inside?

Mara said...

I can see why you needed those cute pink scissors!

Julie said...

I am thinking I need to order some Wee Wander prints - yes it is gorgeous. Where is your local embroidery shop - I'm always on the look out for new craft shops in AKL. Ribbon Rose is absolutely lethal on my credit card. Have a great week;)

Glinda ♥ said...

Wee Wander ... hadn't seen it before today - interesting - wondering what you'll make out if it but sure it'll be wonderful :)

Leonie said...

Oh man! Way to make one jealous!! ;p Am so desperado for some of those fabric collections, also a set of the simple life by Tasha Noel...too many temptations! Cant wait for the linen to arrive here and then I'm going to hot foot it to the Ribbon Rose as a special treat to buy the other bits I "need"! those tomatoes look awesome too :)

Susie said...

Stunning wee wander. I tied to get some yardage of a particular one at FQS but they were out of the amount I wanted. I settled for Tasha Noels country girls.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Can't wait to see what you decide to make with the Wee Wander prints! Doesn't the fabric have the most delicious feel to it too!

pandchintz said...

Ooh, you shopped good!!

hydeeannsews said...

i stay well stocked on snips. I've a few inexpensive ones, but I'm a sucker for ginghers, too.

your embroidery bits are all lovely, but I'm drooling over the green zebras! that is one pretty photo and some yummy looking toms. we grew some of those last year, but only got one or two before I killed the plant. I remember them being pretty unique and tasty!