Tuesday 10 June 2014

Nearly wordless WIP Wednesday (heh)

Well ... you know I can't say nothing.  That's pretty much impossible, because I'm a big ole blabber mouth.  But I'll try to be brief!

So I've started on Gypsy Wife.  It's awesome.  There's a quilt along happening at the moment, but I'm way behind and out of touch with that, so I'm kind of doing my own thing.  I've decided to do the quilt in sections.  I've managed to finish sections 2 and 4, and I'm loving it.  You may recall that I have decided to make the quilt using Tula Pink's Prince Charming collection, together with the odd neutral thrown in for variety.

Pershing block

Courthouse steps block, half square triangles and bordered square in square blocks

I've also been buying fabric.  What's new?  These are some snippets from fabric.com, including Pretty Potent by Anna Maria Horner, which is luminescent in real life, and the pretty pink liberty lawn fabrics on the right.

Pretty fabric nom nom

Oh, and I've also been pottering away on the ABC blocks.  I meant to get through a whole pile of these in the weekend, but something intervened.

Aren't they purdy?

Yep - the last post-out of fabric for Citrus Sweet Love arrived, so I finished my quilt top.  It  is absolutely horrendous weather here at the moment, so no glamour shots.  But never fear, because there is going to be a big old blog post All About This And How Awesome I Am Finishing It.  I might also mention the cool people that designed it and stuff.



It's pretty uncool to rave about loving your projects, but I'm not very cool, so I'll rave away.  I'm loving this stuff at the moment.  Yay for me.  Remind me to come back and read this when I'm whining on about my sewing in due course.  It's inevitable.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday and other lovely places.

15 comments:

~Diana said...

I'll rave about your projects for you...THEY ALL LOOK WONDERFUL! I wanted to buy that flower fabric when it was on sale, but abandoned my cart, with good intentions. Love the pinks :) I feel a pink mood coming on...thanks for not shushing :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful post this is! I love all of your projects and your new fabrics too.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE your embroidery blocks! The colours, the pictures, the stitching, just wow! How did you do the font for the mermaid block? So amazing!!

Karyn said...

That's a very pretty quilt.

Laurina said...

I like the fussy cut...er...frog (?) in the centre of the Pershing block. It adds a nice touch of whimsy.

Leonie said...

wahey these are all looking amazing! Man you are so fast at it and so good! the citrus sweet... gorgeous! abc's too and cant wait to see more of your gypsy wife!! Go you Liz - go!

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

I was going to do the Gypsy Wife by section, but then the QAL started so I just followed long with that. Yours is looking so pretty with Tula! Do you have enough of the collection for the strips or will you be using something different?

Julie said...

You have been busy. Looking forward to seeing your Gypsy Wife Quilt - love how each one is so different.

Η Πευκοβελόνα said...

Love the blocks with the embroidery!!! So cute!

Kathy S. said...

I'm behind on my Gypsy Wife QA too. I've been trying to do it without buying the pattern... Basically making a kitchen sink quilt. LOVE the block you posted today!

Rachel said...

Your ABC blocks are adorable. I need to put an embroidered quilt on my to do list! And your Gypsy Wife blocks are pretty. My favorite is the one with the silhouette of the guy under the umbrella, and I love those raindrops. :) Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Love your Tula gypsy wife blocks! they're stunning!

Ashley @ WasntQuiltInADay said...

Your gypsy wife quilt is beautiful! I'm obsessed with that courthouse step block!

Cat said...

Those ABC's are just simply gorgeous!

Saija said...

You use beautiful colours! So many nice quilts!