Sunday 6 October 2013

ABC BOW week 5: E is for Energy and Egg

Goodness, we're one sixth done with our ABC quilts.  Have you had a look at the Flickr group?  All your blocks are looking gorgeous.

We're racing along!  For once, I'm pretty pleased with how this week's block turned out. My letters are still a bit wonky, but I think my little energy picture is great. What a great idea for the letter E!

E is for energy!  I think this one is going to be pretty apt for the wee man.

I thought the little space robots were a good mix with the embroidery. What do you think?  How are your blocks coming along?  I'm having fun with the little pictures, but I think next week I'll do one of the word blocks - I'd quite like to get every block done in the top row so I can lay them out and admire them. Do you do that too or am I a quilt layout weirdo?

I can definitely see me using these embroideries for cushions or some other one off projects - it would be a lovely touch for a gift. If you are doing anything small, show it off with a link or on the flickr group - I'd love to see it!

Anyway time to link up people. Show us what you've been doing, and don't forget to go and show your quilty comrades some linky love!

   
   




6 comments:

Megan said...

Very cool! I love that little energy emblem, and so neatly stitched!

Marla said...

so cute with a nerd bonus. Love it!

DeborahGun said...

energy is a fun one :-)

Tiffany said...

Oh My! I love it!! You did a fantastic job! This block and the next were the ones that made me want to make a boy quilt, but I thought I should make one for my daughter first.

And yes, I have my 5 blocks in my office (although I didn't add the borders yet) and I take them out to admire them throughout the day. I think it's because I never pictured myself doing embroidery. And these blocks are great for beginners (and look so cute!)

hydeeannsews said...

Perfect match up with the energy and space bots! What a fun pick for E.

Lucy Casey said...

Nice work - I think I will have to do the boy quilt now!